Witsieshoek Mountain Lodge is OPEN to business for accommodation and meals. Alcohol is available when government regulations permit.
In support of Covid-19 safety protocols we have made the following temporary changes to our offering:
- The dining-room has been reconfigured with fewer tables and chairs, ensuring good social distancing.
- We’ve cut the menus to reduce the amount of shopping we are doing, as well as the number of staff we need in the kitchen.
- All meals will be available as room service at your request.
- You will be given the duty manager’s WhatsApp number to contact for any service so that we can all social distance as far as possible.
- All our public areas have extra, Covid-19 standard cleaning schedules.
- Your temperature will be taken on arrival, and every morning. Should you develop any Covid-19 symptoms you will be asked to seek medical assistance.
- Everyone at the Lodge, staff and guests, is required to wear a mask when in a public area, adhere to social distancing and wash hands regularly or use hand sanitiser.
For more info about current weather conditions, chat to or WhatsApp the team at the Lodge on +27 (0)82 609 8988. To book, email us on email@example.com or call us on 058-713-6361/2
Hiking at Witsieshoek is now open. This includes the Sentinel Peak / Chain Ladder Hike, hiking down to Gudu or Mahai Falls, the Metsi Matso Trail and hiking along the MTB trails in the Namahadi/Fiko Patso direction.
- Per regulations, limited numbers are allowed on the trails, and hikers are asked to social distance. For this reason, we have introduced a pre-booking system. WhatsApp 082 609 8988 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
- Pre-booking allows potential hikers to select a date and time to hike, and requires them to complete the Mountain Rescue Register electronically before arrival, and pay the hiking fees due by EFT. This ensures minimum contact between people.
- Hikers are advised to carry their own hand sanitiser for personal use around the ladders.
- The transfer service between Witsieshoek Mountain Lodge and the Car Park is available, subject to pre-booking, and complies with national regulations for Covid-19 protocols.
- Meals and hot drinks can be ordered for take-aways from the Lodge on return from the hike.
If you have pre-booked and paid, and you cannot get to the Lodge due to changing regulations or the weather makes hiking impossible, we will give you an IOU voucher for a future booking with no penalties. We fully understand that not everything is in our control at the moment, and we will work with you to make a plan.
For more info about current weather conditions, chat to or WhatsApp the team at the Lodge on +27 (0)82 609 8988. To book, email us on email@example.com or call us on +27 (0)58-713-6361/2